The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, April 15, 2010

They Don't Make Teachers Like They Used To

I had an interesting exchange at work last week. I had a customer who made it a point several times to let me know she was a school teacher. I think she was trying to get a discount. Good luck with that. Have you met my boss?

Anyway, she comes in one afternoon and buys a few things that total up to $3.88. She hands me 4 $1 bills and a $5 bill. She says she needs 5 $1 bills for change.

I told her to keep the 4 $1 bills and give me the $5. She got a very cross look on her face and said "I want 5 $1 bills!"

OK, math whizzes. Figure it out...

She obviously was never a student of Mr. Singleton or Coach Turner, yet she has a Teaching Certificate and I'm the dumbass redneck.

No comments: