The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Open Mike (Updated)

I told you a couple weeks ago I have secured an interview with the host of a network TV show this month that will be published here on The South 40. Altho I've done many interviews way back when I was a "radio personality", it's been a while since I've been in the interviewer's chair. Most of those were with country musicians like Dolly Parton, Toby Keith, Sylvia, Willie Nelson (boy, can I tell you some stories), Kris Kristofferson, Dwight Yoakam, ect... But, to say I'm a bit rusty is an understatement. I have the basic background questions ( how did you get here, what were your struggles, ect) down pat. But, I'm sure there's a few things you want to know that I've missed.

So I thought I'd open up the forum to see what you would ask.

Without divulging who it is just yet, I can tell you this much. It is a female. She hosts a nationally broadcast show and has worked with some legends of sports broadcasting.

If I use one of your questions I'll be sure to give you credit.

So fire away South 40 Nation!

EDIT: Seriously, 1 question... that's it?

This isn't a bit. I know there has to be something that you would want to ask a network sports anchor that battled the odds and worked her way up the food chain to a national gig if you had the chance and THIS is your chance.

I'll reveal who it is after I get final confirmation for the interview later this week.

5 comments:

Scott said...

Are you embarrassed to be from the DFW sports market and see the money and talent that’s thrown into our fair bird, only to see the Rangers w/ mangers w/ drug problems,players from the Rangers connected to the steroid scandal to mavericks and obviously a head coach in the NFL like coach Cupcake?

Anonymous said...

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

sorry.

With the plethora of male sports anchors who never played a team sport a day in their life coupled with the fact that due to divorce statistics many males were raised by strong single women, why do you think the gender bias is so prevalent in sports?

RPM said...

Now THAT is a great question. I bet she says Elm.

mzchief said...

"Was it male broadcasters, male athletes or other women who presented the greatest challenge to being a female in sport's broadcasting?"

RPM said...

Another great question!