The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Nemesis

I have discovered what boats and RV's have in common. They are big holes to throw money into.

What you are looking at is the water heater on board XRV-1. So far it has cost me $190 and still no hot water. I bought a new electric heating conversion kit, but couldn't remove the drain plug (the round thing behind the two round things with a pipe) to install it. Next, I bought a new circuit board (the square thing hidden behind the white square thing with all the wires leading to it) to get the LP system working... Fail.

Now my options are:
  1. Take it to an RV repair center where it will cost me at least $200 to get it repaired.
  2. Buy a new water heater for $385 + shipping.
  3. Douse generously with gasoline and add a match.
I'm leaning towards option #3.

No comments: