The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Holy Crap, Original Content!

Yeah, I've been blog slacking hard. But, this is the busy season at work. As hard as I try to keep work out of the blog, let me just say it's been a beating since since Tommy left.

For everything turn, turn, turn...

But, somethings just don't change. Thanksgiving is the beatdown of all beatdowns in the grocery business. It's a close second only to Dec 31,1999 in the liquor business. That was so far beyond what you could wrap your head around it's crazy.

I was a manager at Centennial Liquor #5 at Inwood & Beltline in Addison. That store is the Dallas equivalent to Briar or Jeterville for you old time Wise County beer runners. Just increase the volume by 250%. It was THE dry line store for North Dallas. We ran $175,000 thru 5 registers in 11 hours. That's about $53 per minute, per register, every minute the store was open. Profit Margin! We had DPS directing traffic in the parking lot and armed guards stationed at the doors.

It was pure unadulterated mayhem.

At the very best it was a controlled looting. But, I looked upon it like an actor looks at New York. If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere. What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger.

Moving on...

I had an interesting conversation tonight on a discussion board with a person whom I shall describe as a "Palin Conservative". Come to find out they were a Canadian citizen living in Texas. I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around a foreign national advocating the ultra-rightwing. Does not compute. 601.

That FOX News Kool-Aid dispenser truly is amazing.


Apparently the Seiko Corporation has been monitoring The South 40. My faithful Seiko 5 Sports diving watch has suddenly gone on the fritz. It's gaining 30 minutes every hour. Either that or our orbit around the sun has suddenly started to deteriorate.

Somebody call Bruce Willis.

No comments: