The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, November 9, 2009

I Need A Few Days Off To Recover


Whew! I made it safely home from Texas Motor Speedway. XRV-1 ran beautifully. There were a few minor hiccups, but it was mission accomplished. Thank goodness I have a couple days of vacation left to recover from vacation.

The racing Friday and Saturday could have been better. Kyle Bush ran away with both the Truck and Nationwide races. It was mostly single file points racing in both events. Kyle Bush had a chance to have a record making Hat Trick weekend. Winning the Truck, Nationwide and Cup Series on the same weekend has never happened. On Sunday he had the car to do it with, too. He led the most laps and almost pulled it off. But, there's a reason it's never been done. It's insanely hard to do.

The Cup race was non-stop drama from the green flag.

I told everyone sitting next to me that we needed Jimmy Johnson to wreck in Turn 2 of lap 1 or the Championship was a done deal. I missed it by 2 laps! Sorry, Unattainable. But, with his wreck and Mark Martin's 4th place finish, the remaining races just got very interesting. A huge Tip of the Hat to Chad Knaus, his pit crew and the entire Hendrick Racing organization for getting Jimmie back on the track and gaining 14 valuable points. They basicly rebuilt the racecar and made it competitive in a little over an hour.

Speaking of interesting, one of my neighbors is a genius. He designed a portable stripper pole for his Kawasaki Mule. Back my minitruck up to it and you have an instant stage! I've already come up with a design to bolt one onto the bed of my Suzuki.

You have to keep up with The Joneses!

Apparently, great minds think alike. Barnacle came up with the same idea several months ago. I swear I wasn't involved in any industrial espionage conspiracy.

I need a better camera, but here's a couple cellphone videos from the TMS campgrounds on Friday and Saturday night with said portable pole in action. I kept them R rated for here, but I DO have much more unrated racegirls gone wild video!




Tilt your head for this one.

3 comments:

YM said...

Something tells me she's no stranger to the pole.

Gia's Spot said...

I think she was a pro on vacation and just couldn't help herself!

Anonymous said...

You did good Grasshopper...