The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Sunday, May 2, 2010

If Your House Has More Wheels Than Your Car...

I'm not generally a fan of musicals, much less live musical theater. It's just not a "guy thing" to do. I do believe the last live theater I attended was a High School play in which I was not even invited to perform. Snobbish bastards had no idea of the raw talent they passed up. But I'm not bitter. I might point out however that I was the only member of our class to wind up in show business, albeit a brief career. That is a whole 'nother post for another time. But, I digress.

Looking at today's edition of The Star Telegram I ran across an article in the entertainment section about a new show at Circle Theater in Ft. Worth that might just get me to break that trend. "The Great American Trailer Park Musical" looks like it has my name written all over it. Low brow humor, trashy women and plenty of rednecks. That my friends sounds like a trifecta of greatness in my book.

You can read the full review by Punch Shaw here or in today's Startlegram. It runs thru the 29th and the showtimes are 7:30pm Thursdays, 8pm Fridays and 2 shows on Saturdays at 3 & 8pm.

It sounds like a hoot. I wonder if Circle Theater is BYOB?

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

That boy don't look right - I think he got eye makeup on or sumpthin...

littlesister said...

you gonna get a punch on your man card........ I was shocked you & a musical????? I am still laughing!