The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, May 10, 2010

Boo F'n Hoo!

No gardener, no housekeeper? How barbaric!

A recent Dallas Morning News article tells of the downside of retiring and living in Belize. I think I'm a lot more Jerry Jeff than Scott Burns.

My goal is to buy a small beachfront cabana down in Placencia and let the world kiss my pale white ass.

It can be done. Barnacle is my Dude role model.

The Dude

The Barn

4 comments:

mzchief said...

Hubby and I are, SERIOUSLY, considering retiring to Belize, Costa Rica or Panama. Panama and Costa Rica have the most secure banking system and seemingly are the most secure with regard to land ownership for non-citizens of Costa Rica/Panama.

RPM said...

I've thoroughly investigated Belize and can't find many downsides. Yeah the government is corrupt, but by Central American standards they are far above the scale for legitimate.

You can get title to property and US title companies will back it. 2nd largest barrier reef in the world. They speak English.

And according to Barn, they make a pretty good beer!

RPM said...

I almost forgot... you can live there TAX FREE if you are over 45 and have a $2000 per month income.

Anonymous said...

My only issue is for you to get a big enough place for your sister to visit!!