The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mark My Words


Rescue Me will get an Emmy nomination for their season finale. Lenny Clarke will get a Best Supporting Actor nod.


I've always thought Rescue Me was one of the smarter, edgier (sp?) dramadies ever made for TV. Tonight's season finale was the best episode Dennis Leary has ever produced and some of the best TV I've ever seen. The closing scene was excellence.


There was no "Who shot J.R.?" cliffhanger. You know who did it. You know why he did it. You can't argue with his reasoning for doing it.


I hate to call something thought provoking, but it made me take a step back and think about the unintended consequences of one's actions. The ripple effect, if you will.


If you missed tonight's showing you still have 2 chances to see it. FX will be have encore showings Friday and Sunday at 10pm.




Just a footnote, I'm pretty sure Sheila is based on one of my ex's.

No comments: