The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, August 31, 2009

She's a Peach!




I've been searching for an RV for quite some time. I've only chronicled a tad of what I've been thru looking for one. Well, kharma finally paid off and I found this little needle in a haystack. It's a '78 Holiday Rambler on a Chevy C-30 frame.






It's an older RV, but it has been well cared for. Everything works and the engine is as tight as a drum. It has a ding in the upper right corner, but it was sealed well and has not leaked. I might not head off to Alaska in it, but I have no reservations about invading TMS 2-3 times a year!






She's redneck chic. Better than a flatscreen on top of the old Zenith.






The floor plan is surprisingly spacious with 2 queen size beds (or 1 queen and 2 single) and it has a large bathroom for a small RV. The interior is immaculate, but there is some wear and tear. Hey, it's 31 years old but doesn't look a day over 19!





I have Labor Day weekend off and I'm planning on taking a shakedown cruise to the lake. I need to think of a name to christen her.



It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in



And you've got the stock market beat.



But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile,



When his shorts are too tight in the seat.







The polls are open.

6 comments:

el chupacabra said...

Coolio

Lucky!

Ryan said...

Either The South 40 or The Most-Interesting-Man-Mobile.

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you.....enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

your very own... mobile man cave!! want me to print some signs? I have some of those race flags left!!
little sister

sandman said...

Rural-Assault-Vehicle

Kat said...

Unsure on name suggestion.

The Cocktail reference made me smile.

I always loved that movie.