The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, September 7, 2009

I Need A Vacation From My Vacation!

Well I'm 1/2 way thru my vacation and I'm beat! So far 3 trips to Lowe's, 2 trips to Wiley Hardware and a couple gallons of sweat working on the RV. I've replaced the kitchen faucet, rebuilt the shower faucet, attempted to unbolt the toilet (that ain't happening unless I find a reducto ray to use on my Magilla Gorilla arms!), replaced a couple leaky water lines, applied a second coat of roof sealer (now it can withstand a meteor strike!), then washed and waxed the beast.


To quote the Fake Ricardo Montalbán, "You look maaaarvelous!"


Let me add this tidbit of trashtalk, Mr. Miyagi and Danielsan ain't got nuthin' on me! Wax on, wax off my ass. Try hand washing & waxing a Holiday Rambler! Bring on the Cobra Kai!!!


It hasn't been all sweat and toil. Saturday afternoon I went over to BrotherInLaw's annual Opening Day Dove Massacre. It sounded like Saturday night on East Rosedale with all the gunfire. The birds were coming as fast as you could reload. He had a pretty good crowd and everyone got their limit. I even got a complement from one of the older hunters on a "sweet shot" I made on a bird that was nearly out of range.



Like my Daddy always said, "even a blind sow finds an acorn now and then."

I marinated my birds in a cab/shiraz, stuffed them with jalapeno and onion then wrapped them in bacon before throwing them on the grill. They were dee-lish!
Here's the leftovers:


I also got to catch last night's NASCAR race live from Atlanta! That doesn't happen often for me. It was a great race and Kasey Kahne came away with the checkers. Next week is the final race of the "regular season" at Richmond, Va. then "The Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship" begins.

59 Days until NASCAR returns to TMS! Invasion plans are clearing High Command as we speak.

So now if you'll pardon me, I have a case of beer with my name on it and 2 days to figure out what to do with it.

No comments: