The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, September 4, 2009

Light At The End Of The Tunnel


I'm reminded of that old Heinz ketchup commercial with Carly Simon singing Anticipation. 1 more shift and I've got a 4 day weekend! (insert happy dance here) I'm ready for the break.


I had planned on taking the RV on a shakedown cruise to the lake. But I'm waiting on tags. I'm still a bit confused as to why I can't get them now, but Decatur says I'll get them in the mail. I'm sure there will not be any law enforcement patroling Wise County Park this weekend and I wouldn't get a ticket... So instead I'm going to drydock it in the backyard. If anything does go wrong at least I'll have all my stuff handy to fix it.


It's also opening weekend of Dove Season. Time to get the ol' Remmington oiled up if I'm having jalapeno stuffed dove breast wrapped in bacon for supper Saturday night!

3 comments:

el chupacabra said...

Light at the end of the tunnel?
There is none.

an Donalbane said...

Mmm, bacon. Sounds like a good plan for the weekend.

What are day leases going for? I heard a lot of places in Jack County were open this year.

I don't think you can beat an 1100 for doves...Go [Remington] Green!

an Donalbane said...

[The light at the end of the tunnel]...is often a train!