The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Worst Traffic Ever

I know it's not LBJ or even 820, but FM51 in Decatur is without a doubt the worst traffic in Wise County. I had the unfortunate pleasure of going to AutoZone in Decatur this afternoon. It took, and I'm not exaggerating, 5 minutes to get on the street from the AutoZone/Sonic driveway.

I don't know who timed those traffic lights, but he has a twisted sense of humor. Traffic backs up from the 51/287 intersection past Sonic/AutoZone. That light turns green and before the traffic can get moving a fresh crop of cars comes from the light at 51/Thompson.

W T F???

I'd lay odds that this little piece of highway design magic is the brainchild of the same TxDOT engineer that designed the U-Turn exit at 287/380 and proposed putting a stoplight at the bottom of the hill at 287/1810.

Why do I suspect he's secretly an agent of Site Concrete?

No comments: