The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Cardiologist Would Not Approve


But I loves me some Casillas' Restaurant for lunch! 205 Trinity on Bridgeport's West Side.

If you've never tasted Mary Casillas' cooking you are missing one of the finer things in life. I've been eating Mary's cooking since I was kid when they had a makeshift restaurant in their house.
Oh, yeah... rumor has it Jesse is adding a Margarita garden this spring!
EDIT:Looks like I may have Mary Sue and Mary Helen confused. No harm intended, just damn good Mexican food!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey RMP...MARY CASILLAS HAS NEVER COOKED IN A MAKESHIFT KITCHEN AT HER house...Casillas resturant has always been at 205 or 207 ...MARY SUE is a sister to Martin Casillas Sr.

Anonymous said...

EDIT: Casillas restaurant was started by Martin Casillas Sr's
mother at 207 Trinity Martin Sr's
sister Mary Sue has a dining area
in her house at the end of Cobb st
by the rr tracks about '70 or '80
Martin Jr's wife Mary Helen cooks at the present site(FYI)

Anonymous said...

I said has..meant HAD a restaurant
in her house

RPM said...

It's Mary Sue (I think) that I was talking about. I remember going to their house at the end of the street next to the railroad and eating many times back in the 70's.

That was some serious Mexican food. Yummm...