The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Love / Hate Relationships


OK, DirecTv. You are not working very hard at getting on my good side. I had to call for a rewire after the fire fried my coax. It was a 2 day wait, but hey... you got to expect one. Oh, well. I have over 30 hours of my favorite shows recorded on HD-DVR. I'm sorry did I say have? I ment HAD.
Every episode of Dogfights, Entourage, Anthony Bourdain, The Venture Brothers, Jericho... poof!
Talk about rubbing salt in the wound! Either the coax shorting out or a power surge caused it to do a complete reset. Good news is it still works, but I digress...
So DirecTv is supposed to show up between 8 and Noon. At 10:30 I get a call from the tech and he is in Bowie and has 3 stops before me. I go to work at 2. It ain't lookin' good. At 12:45 the tech shows up. I show him what I need and the guy says no problem. At 1:15 I have service on both boxes and he has run an extra coax for an upgrade on my oldest box.
Job well done! He had me sweating, but came thru like a pro! OK, so maybe I judged you wrong DirecTv. Maybe your not so bad after all. Maybe you have'nt given me over 100 HD channels, but you have given me the most available. I'm sorry DirecTv. No hard feelings, OK?
Then I got this e-mail...

No comments: