The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust

The wailing is loud and pronounced among the conservative republicans. Their last best chance for four more fucked up years has quit, err "suspended" his presidential campaign. For the first time in years it looks like the conservatives will have to sit back and chew on a big ol moderate sandwich.

Of course I'm speaking of John McCain, a man I had great respect for until he started kissing Bush's ass after 9/11. Other than that I really have no problems with McCain. I wonder if the Swift Boat Boys will make a run at McCain since he called them on the carpet during the last election?

Yeah, I know Ron Paul is still in the running, but let's be realistic. That ain't gonna happen.

On the Democratic side of things, it's still swinging back and forth. I really could'nt tell you who is going to come out on top of that one. I had an interesting conversation the other day with a 93 year old woman who told me she was a "staunch Democrat" that had never voted for a Republican in her life. She said she could'nt see herself voting for a woman or a black man for president.

I'm not sure if I'm ready for that either. I know the 60's was a long time ago, but I still remember what happened and I'm not too sure it would'nt happen again.

No comments: