The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, November 7, 2011

Rode Hard And Put Up Wet

Well, I survived another NASCAR weekend at TMS. I'm glad I went because it was some great racing, but I'm having serious second thoughts about going back. I can throw a bigger party in my backyard than we had at TMS. I can guarantee less of a police presence. They have finally sucked all the fun out of NASCAR camping. You can't drive golfcarts to the track on TMS property. You can't have stages, DJ's, bands or stripper poles. You can't (fill in the blank).

There was 1 band allowed on Saturday night and less than 50 people were in the crowd. Previous years there would be 3 or 4 bands per night and 100+ in the crowds. The our campground was lucky to be 40% full and the parking lots on Sunday looked to be about 50% full.

I could have stayed Sunday night and come home Monday, but I was ready to get the hell outa Dodge. After the felony stop FWPD treated me to Friday night for cruising the private, non-TMS campground in my minitruck, I pretty much made my decision on next year's vacation spending.

Rednecks With Paychecks and Bob Wills Days are moving to the top of the list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats why I havent been back in 4 years, after my Wife almost died and it took over 2 hours to get a box to her and get to the Hospital, hate that place