The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Getting ready to head down to Texas Motor Speedway for NASCAR weekend. Just got off the phone with BIL and we have our gameplan lined out. I'll be set up tomorrow night in Finish Line Campgrounds (on the back row if any of you want to stop by and have a cold one).

Wendell, I know you will be at the track, but ya'll are on the opposite side of the track from me and TMS will not allow any ATV's or golf carts on their property (including the ring road), so it doesn't look good for me making it over to your camp this race, but you are more than welcome to come visit our camp. I need to buy a small moped or something similar to get around so I can go visiting.

I have a few surprises up my sleeve (as usual) for this trip. I bought new LED strobe lighting for my Suzuki Stripper Flag Pole, but I didn't get it mounted in time. (Maybe I'll install it while I'm down there.) I did install a new amplifier on my stripper flag pole sound system, so it will sound a lot less distorted when I crank it up. I also found alcoholic canned whipped cream. That may come in handy...

We will have fresh venison (thanks for hitting him, Littlesister!), steaks and assorted munchies to eat with plenty of leftovers for wander up guests. I'm thinking about making Green Chile Cheeseburgers for lunch Saturday. We'll see how that pans out... I'll also have the margarita machine set up.

It looks like the main thing to worry about (as usual) is weather. The temps are expected to dip into the low 40's Friday night and gradually warm thru the weekend and then rain on Monday. Let's hope that timeline doesn't accelerate.

I'll try to post updates while I'm there but, as usual, wireless service will be spotty at best. So your best bet is to drag your ass down to TMS and come party with us this weekend at the races and catch all the mayhem live.

No comments: