The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Rare Saturday Off

So just what did I do with it?

Go dancing/ hot girl chasing?
Go gambling/ hot girl chasing?
Go drag racing/ hot girl chasing?

Ummm, no...

Follow up eye exam in Irving.
Quick (as in I doubletimed thru the place like zombies were after me) shopping hike thru Grapevine Mills.
Got a haircut.
Dinner at Arby's drive-thru.
Watched Brad Keselowski win at Bristol.
Now I'm sitting here watching the original pilot episode of Firefly.

No wonder I'm still the most eligible bachelor on The South 40. I'm too much of a party animal.

Speaking of Grapevine, that place is a nightmare to drive thru now. I could not believe how bad the construction was. For you guys that have to drive thru that mess daily, you have my sincere condolences. I started to take the back way out of the mall thru downtown, but thought "how bad could it be?" and took 114 West.

I didn't realise they had routed the freeway onto the service road and a traffic signal that had obviously not been reprogrammed for the load. After sitting for what seemed like forever we crept up on a sidestreet that several were taking as an escape route. I went for it and for a minute there I was feeling a little cocky as I cruised past a mile of gridlock to the intersection of  Tate & 114.

Didn't take long to get over that. The light changed.

I sat there and watched as all the cars I was sitting behind cruised past along with another 1000 or so.

No comments: