The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ooh That Smell!

I woke up to an unfamiliar sound... thunder. It is a freakishly cool 95 at noon and you can smell the rain in the air. How sweet it is!

Now comes the tricky part, actually getting any rain! Once again it looks like we are going to miss out the good stuff and the storm is going to stay North of The South40.

I'm thinking of renaming the place if it will help.

Update: Got a nice 20 minute shower! I don't have a rainguage, but it was around a tenth. Now just have to hope the sun doesn't burn it off this afternoon.
Update Part Deux: The sun did come out and burn off a lot, but I think we'll see something from the rain. I predict a bright green field of coastal for about 30 minutes tomorrow morning before it turns back to brown. During the shower the temp dropped to 70. I was doing my best Lt. Dan in the front yard.

2 comments:

el chupacabra said...

I awoke from a nap to find everything wet. I assumed it was the sprinklers. Wish I would have known so I could drag Zac out to watch it- not sure he'd even remember what the stuff looks like.

an Donalbane said...

I was out near Brock - got enough drops to cover the windshield, but they were so small they didn't run, and I never turned on the wipers.

Fully agree that the smell of rain was awesome.