The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I Can See Clearly Now



All I can say is WOW! I should have had LASIK 10 years ago when I chickened out.
I'll have to wear reading glasses now, but I can live with that.

The smell of burning eyeball wasn't that bad, but when he said "everything will go dark now" as he sliced my thick corneal flap when the procedure started I did have heaping helping of second thoughts. My reply was "OK, I'll just lay here thinking about 'Final Destination 5'."

That got a mixed reaction of laughs and one loud "Oh my God!".

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

I can't bring myself to watch the video.

Last fall I had to go to the eye doctor - seems I'd gotten a tiny sliver of metal in my eye (even wearing safety glasses) from some post-welding grinding.

They numbed my eye with some drops and approached it with some Dremel tool thing, removing the FOD. It was more of a tickle than uncomfortable, but it was still one of those times when 'the less you know' the easier it goes.