The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, August 8, 2011

A Cry For Help

No, I'm not perched on a ledge. But, I do desperately need your help! I've been searching for a photo of Oscar's Bar B-Q on NW28th Street in Fort Worth and I can't find one.

The place was an icon with a Cessna crashlanded into the roof and the name across the wings. World's greatest BBQ with sawdust on the floor, giant frozen goblets of beer and tender juicy brisket that melted in your mouth in a near spiritual experience. The sliced sammich came with a pickle spear, a slice of sweet onion and no sauce. You didn't need any, but there was a squirt bottle of Oscar's private recipe on the table along with a bottle of  Louisiana sauce if you wanted to ruin perfection.

Oscar Thurmond (sp?) once ran for Ft. Worth city council. I remember seeing his campaingn posters hanging on the walls...  I usta koodint spel barbakue king, now I iz wun!

Your task is at hand, find that pic!

3 comments:

el chupacabra said...

Mmmm a landmark on 28th that I've never even heard of? That's a rarity. There was a place on Montgomery I seem to recall with an airplane sticking out of the roof.

an Donalbane said...

I remember that place, just west of the Clinton intersection on the north side of 28th. Never really knew what it was back in the day, but I sometimes find myself trying to guess which building it was when I'm in that area - it's east of the Psycho Clown Tattoo place.

an Donalbane said...

BTW, we use that Airplane quote frequently at work.