The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, August 29, 2011

Littlesister Would Be Proud

I've been needing a new bedroom dresser for quite a while. The stacked laundry basket motif is getting dated and really screwing up my Fung Shui. Since I've been spending money lately like it's growing on trees I decided to go ahead and chop down what was left of the stump and buy a cheap dresser. 

I went to Furniture Superstore next to Pronto's on 380 in Bridgeport. OK, after you stop laughing about "Superstore" and "Bridgeport" being in the same sentence we'll continue.

Seriously, I can wait all day... Don't make me turn this blog around!

To be honest, I was impressed with the inventory. It was sparce, but mostly quality stuff. I was expecting "Pressboard City" but found a decent selection of quality solid wood construction. The owner was quick to help me without being pushy. I told him what I was looking for and he gave me 3 or 4 options to look at. Then he pulled a rabbit out of his hat and showed me the backroom where he had a dandy of a deal.

An Ashley "Camdyn" dresser he just received that had a loose roller track on 1 of the drawers. I took a look and quickly figured out a screwdriver and 1 screw would permanently solve the problem. This was a $700 solid wood dresser with cedar drawers, but I picked it up for $300 (plus 15 cents for the screw).

An Ashley Furniture dresser for $300? America, what a country!

He asked me about how I heard of the store and how his advertising as working. I said "What advertising?, I used to buy lightbulbs here!". So tell 'em the South 40 sent ya! I'm not making anything off it, but a fair deal deserves word of mouth.

If you're in the market for some quality furniture at a more than fair price I highly recommend checking out Furniture Superstore in Bridgeport. Just get all the giggles about the name out of your system before you walk in.

It would be rude to snicker.

No comments: