The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, January 15, 2010

Note To Self: Read The FAQ First



I got a bright idea last night and decided to update my phone's operating system from Windows Mobile 6 to WM 6.1 . More bells and whistles, smoother web surfing, ect, ect. One minor problem, it erased all my contacts and almost every program I had loaded on the phone.

Ugh... I feel about as smart as the guy that came up with "Let's move Leno to primetime!"

My Motorola Q 9h truly is my Personal Digital Assistant. I rely on it to remember appointments, passwords, combinations, birthdays, anniversaries, you name it. Now it's all gone... poof! Fortunately, I do have most of the info I need for work written down somewhere in a notebook that I haven't seen in a couple years. The rest isn't written down or saved anywhere.

I also lost the GPS programs, registry editor, maps, apps and bookmarks. I thought everything was backed up on my pc with Sync. I was wrong. I have it backed up on my old pc (the one with a fried hard drive). For the next few days I will be starting over from scratch entering all those names and numbers and reconfiguring my emails. So if you don't get a call from me, it's nothing personal. I lost your number. No, really!

1 comment:

Frode said...

It's what happens when we take something that originally had one function (telephone) and try to make it into a swiss army knife. Sorry to say, but asking a phone to do anything else other than simply transmit and receive voice communication is pushing it, IMHO.