The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, January 29, 2010

"I ain't trusted a weatherman since Harold Taft died!"

The World's Greatest Weatherman

Frequent South 40 readers know I recently blew up my PDA with an operating system update. Lost along with all of my contacts and notes were my web bookmarks. One of those was the NEXRAD radar feed from KXAS I had zeroed in to my location. Since the update I can no longer find that link and KXAS has "upgraded" their radar to a link to The Weather Channel. That radar is terrible.

I'm a weather junkie and love realtime radar feeds. Give me the tools and let me figure out for myself whats going to happen. I want to know what my conditions are, not what it's like in Grapevine or Arlington. No offense to Grapevine or Arlington, it's just that us folks out here in the sticks pretty much get overlooked. Case in point, I saw the tornado that sent my wellhouse flying across the pasture and made my roof & walls shimmy like they were Jell-O on radar 5 minutes before it hit and there was never a tornado warning. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to evac before it hit and got the free floor/wall/ceiling show. Let me tell you, that 30 seconds put a root cellar on my list of stuff to do.

But, I digress...

The problem is I no longer have a good PDA friendly link for radar and weather on the go, so I decided to put a call out to "The South 40 Nation". What are your favorite weather links for your PDA or iPhone? What do you use?

1 comment:

Ryan said...

wunderground.com , The full site kind of sucks but the mobile edition is pretty cool for us weather watchers.