The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Milestone or Just Stoned?


I know for a fact the last time I visited my cardiologist he told me everything looked good and to come back in a year and I didn't book an appointment when I left. That was November 2008. Being prone to procrastination, I waited until yesterday to finally book my follow up. But, when I spoke to the receptionist she told me I already had booked an appointment for March.

WTF?

I looked at my Dr's business card that I carry in my wallet and double checked my PDA (which is my electronic notepad / backup brain where I keep all my important stuff), neither had anything for that date.

10 years ago I would have blamed it on bourbon and women of questionable virtue. But as of late, I'm not in the habit of drunk dialing anyone, especially my cardiologist. Now I'm worried I've had my 1st verifiable senior moment.

I blame Microsoft. Yeah, that's the ticket...

5 comments:

Ryan said...

You should get a Mac, then you won't have to deal ith stuff like this! :) Take care of yourself, though, your blogs to good for you to be having a heart attack on us!

Mango's Madness said...

I resemble that remark! Welcome aboard the Senior Moment Train. It is really a fun ride.

Mango

The True Double Fake said...

"You should get a Mac, then you won't have to deal (w)ith stuff like this! "

Ryan, you haven't had one long enough to know what you are saying, or how to turn your browser's spell check on, apparently.

Kathleen... said...

Double Fake, now was that necessary?? We all love Ryan, you know...he's sweet people. =) Be nice.

Now, RPM, you made me laugh. I'm horrible about scheduling for my cardiologist too -- it's soooo booooring. The drunk-dialing was very, very funny...;)

Oh, and while you're in the doc's office, check in for me too, will ya? I need my Rx refilled.

Ryan said...

Ha ha, I guess not! You people who live to correct people's spelling and grammar crack me up? Now, how many times did you proof read your comment to ensure perfection?