The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, August 21, 2009

Movie Of The Week: Special Edition

Movies I'm Ashamed I Like

or

Confessions of an Easily Amused Mind


As sophisticated as I'd like to believe my taste is cinematicly, I have to admit I need my mindless entertainment fix from time to time. Why does everything always have to be so complex and deep to be entertainment? Sometimes you just need something that you can sit back, shut off your brain and enjoy.



Here is my incomplete, but ever growing shortlist of movies I'm ashamed to admit I like.



Support Your Local Sheriff/Gunfighter

This is basically the same film shot twice. If you have any doubt, watch the closing scene of both and get back to me. James Garner is a silvertongued conman in the old west. It even features most of the same cast including Jack Elam as his weakminded sidekick.

I'm sorry, but both these films make me laugh.



The Replacements

Yeah I know, it's a Keanu Reeves film. But throw in Gene Hackman, Jack Warden, John Madden, Pat Sommerall, Orlando Jones and Rhys Ifans along with a lovable cast of misfits and hot girls and that my friends is some good stuff that won't overload your braincells.



Lone Wolf McQuade

Quite possibly the greatest Chuck Norris cinematic achievement evar!

'Nuff said.



Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back!

You got your Jay. You got your Silent Bob. You got your revenge on anonymous internet flamers. You got your hot women AND a monkey!



What's not to love?



Clerks 2

See above. Substitute donkey for monkey.

Porch Monkey 4 Life.



Convoy
This movie is so chock full o' cliches it's painful. But any movie based on a C.W. McCall song just has to be watched. I was force fed this film and Mr.Billion for 45 consecutive nights in the Arctic Circle in a scene not unlike Clockwork Orange. It was the Double Feature from Hell. I think I suffer from Stockholm syndrome.


True story.

2 comments:

el chupacabra said...

Sorry brah- you lost me after Support Your Local Gunfighter/Sheriff (both of which I have by the way) so both of my older children love them as well.

el chupacabra said...

PS How many serial killers does it take to change a lightbulb?