The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Pfister? I hardly know her!


A couple years ago I had to replace my kitchen faucet that came with the house. After some careful consideration I chose a Pfister (formerly Price Pfister) 'Shelton' model with a combination sprayer and detachable neck. It was quite an upgrade over the plain jane base model that came with the house and the price was right. It wasn't the most expensive nor was it the cheapest and it looked like a quality product that would cost much more than it did.

I was more or less pleased with the faucet until a couple weeks ago when the sprayer sprung a leak. It came with a lifetime warranty so I called their customer service hotline. I was expecting the normal paperwork nightmare and subsequent warranty denial. Naturally I had no idea where the original paperwork was or if I even registered the purchase with the manufacturer.

Much to my surprise there was no maze of buttons to push or being put on hold, the lady I spoke with was in California, not India or The Philippines, she spoke very clear English and didn't ask for any paperwork. All she wanted to know was when and where I bought it. The best answer I could give was "roughly 2 years ago" at Lowe's. She didn't even ask for the part number even though I had already looked it up. Then she very politely apologised for the defect and gave me a tracking number for the replacement part she was sending.

The only thing they didn't do was ship the part overnight, but I really didn't care. It was bar none the best customer service experience I've ever had. Coincidentally their motto is "It's the experience that matters."

If I ever have to replace another faucet, it will most definitely be with a Pfister. I strongly urge you to do the same. You won't regret it.

No comments: