The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lili Von Shtupp Conveys My Condition After Another Day Building Fence


It's twue. Let's face it I'm kaput. The good news is the hardest part is done. The bad news is I had very little to do with that. Huge Tip O' The Hat to the hands from M/R Fabrication in Alvord. I have the best looking corner posts in the county. I also have a nice clean right of way cut thru some tough terrain. Great job!

I've been working the snot out of my Suzuki Carry. It puts a Mule or Gator to shame. It's been hauling pipe, fence posts, wire, coolers, you name it. The stripper pole came in handy for the guy in the back throwing out t-posts. It was a great hand hold, but made for some awkward photo opportunities. I didn't take any, but I wouldn't trust anyone that might have had a cell phone handy and wanted a picture of their coworker hanging off a stripper pole...

Larry Lee rigged up a kick ass receiver hitch from some scrap steel that was just laying around. Then he loaned me his personal wire spool to string the barbed wire. It slides right in the receiver hitch. Just put the Carry in 4WD Low and let it crawl.
Awesome.

Larry's great at coming up with stuff like that. He's the guy that built the Smoking Gun smoker we used to take to NASCAR. He told me about his latest project, a "Little Red Wagon". Think "Radio Flyer" crossbred with a Monster Truck. It's gonna be cool.

No comments: