The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Good Eats

The last time I went grocery shopping I picked up a can of Margaret Holmes Simple Suppers Creole Fixins' for something different. That turned out to be a VERY good idea. Talk about good! It's in slap yo Mamma territory.

I did tweak it a bit. The sauce has rice and veggies in it, but I added 2 diced fresh picked garden banana peppers and a few ounces of red wine along with 3 sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts. I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper and browned them in olive oil then stirred in the sauce and fresh peppers and let everything simmer for about 20 minutes.

Add some salad and garlic toast and you've got an awesome meal in under 30 minutes. Can't get any easier than that.

No comments: