The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On The Radar

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. If that's the case Mad Men should be very flattered. Retroshows hit the air this fall and none are in the same league as Mad Men. NBC has already axed The Playboy Club, their sexy 60's entry, which to be honest was just plain awful. Not only did it piss off women's and religious groups, it pissed off viewers that will never get those 60 minutes back they wasted watching a truly dreadful show.

ABC's entry has fared a bit better. Pan Am also features a cast of hunks and hotties, but it actually has well written scripts and interesting storylines. You better have a good script when half the show is inside the cabin of a 707. Pan Am is not as daring as Mad Men, but you wouldn't expect it to be on network TV. However they are adding a bit of cloak and dagger to keep things interesting. Let's hope it does.

What really caught my eye about Pan Am is the sweet/spunky French stewardess Colette, played by  stunning Canadian actress Karine Vanasse. I thought I'd do everyone a favor and see if I could find a "hey now" photo. AHEM, let's just say there's a foreign film called Angle Mort that has just been added to my watchlist and no I'm not posting the pics. Google is your friend.

I definitely recommend checking out Pan Am to catch a glimpse of the lovely Karine. Um, and the writing... yeah the writing...



1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

I heard that Pan Am was pretty good. Guess I'll have to check it out. Playboy Club sounded like pure dreck to begin with....