The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Memories of Game 5


  • I did not see 1 angry person at the game. I didn't see anyone get arrested, get in a fight, vandalize anything, ect. In this day and age that was amazing.
  • Lots of Cardinal fans showed up, most with Standing Room Only tickets. 1 lucky Cards fan from Denton bought an SRO ticket right before the game when the price dropped. He and a friend saw 2 seats that were empty after the 2nd inning. He walked down and asked if the seats were taken and the lady sitting next to them said no, go ahead and sit down. The lady was Chris Carpenter's Grandmother and the section was reserved for Cardinals players family. 
  • I didn't see many empty seats except for the 2 next to ours at the end of the row. We quickly spread out and had a little extra room. Nobody ever came for those seats.
  • I have a sore throat from yelling NAP-O-LI !
  • There was a verry funny heckler ripping into Matt Holliday in Left Field after he hit into a double play with bases loaded to end the Cardinal 5th. He had our section in stitches.
  • I've been to larger sporting events, but I've never been a part of anything like that before in my life. It was something very special and every person there knew it.

No comments: