The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, September 16, 2011

One small step for man...

One giant "WTF am I doing?" for The South 40

As of the end of this month I will officially be self-employed/retired. I submitted my resignation yesterday.

I've got some surprises up my sleeve that I'll be sharing with you in the months to come. But it's safe to say some travel is on the horizon and maybe we'll finally have something worth reading around here.

Who knows, I might just go all Anthony Bourdain on you. I've got a sweet digital HD camcorder, a laptop, I love to eat and I love to travel. Don't forget I've already been featured on a national cooking show!

(OK, the segment was about the smoker and not me, but in the media world it still counts on your resume!)

I do have several Bucket List items that need checked off. Daytona 500, Talladega, Bristol, Hawaii, wait... what? 

I'll finally have the time and (if all goes as planned) money to pull this off. But I'm tellin' ya, that first step is a doozy!

2 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

Daytona....Only if I was in the area. Talladega...OH YEAH. Whitney and I had planned to go this fall, and just about pulled the trigger on the tickets and such, then daughter announced an upcomming wedding for October 1. 2012 will be the year that ATC takes Talladega by storm, you can bet the South 40 on that. Bristol is also in the plans, hopefully next year. Hawaii....probably never.
Congrats on the retirement/self employmet status.

Anonymous said...

God Speed...Big Step but Life is short, Stay Hard and Keep Jammin