The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I May Have Found My New Favorite Channel

A week or two ago I decided to browse thru my DirecTv guide and see if any new channels had been added. Sure enough I stumbled across one (channel 267), The Documentary Channel. It's exactly what the name says, nothing but documentaries.

I love it! I've always been a fan of good documentary films.

I can see me going on a docubender soon and eventually winding up in rehab...


You Want A Drink Of This?

Speaking of documentaries, there is a lot of buzz about the film Gasland currently running on HBO. It won the Special Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival this year. I watched it yesterday and while director Josh Fox obviously has an agenda against the oil industry, it's still a startling look at the environmental impact of hydraulic fracturing in natural gas exploration and the blind eye that seems to be regulating it.

Let me just say I am absolutely a supporter of oil and gas exploration. Heck, I own oil and gas wells. I use natural gas and natural gas accessories. But, it's kinda hard to dispute some of the mind boggling things you see in this film like a man setting his kitchen faucet on fire with a Bic lighter or the guy that makes puddles of plastic appear when he puts a torch to a pool of water from his well.

Freak accidents, natural occurrences or oil companies run amuck? You decide.

No comments: