The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Civic Improvement Project Completed

I spiffied up South 40 Security Checkpoint Chickie with a bit of latice work. I kinda like it but the deer and cattle are going to hate it.

As you can see on the lower right, there is still uncompleted maintenance to be done.  The drive is steeper than it looks and runoff drainage is creating a natural moat at the bottom as it erodes away that side of the drive. I've repaired it twice and it just washes out after a couple of years. I can either get another load of road base material hauled in and repair it again or I could just go with the flow and start looking for some sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads to stock the moat with.
                

2 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Looks to me like a missed opportunity to make a 'Revenue Enhancing' property improvement: The Governor William J. Le Petomane Thruway toll booth.

Anonymous said...

That there purty fence would last about 10 seconds on my place.....our bull or our neighbor's bull would bust right through, even if it were over a cattle guard.