The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Big wheels rollin', Movin On!

I loved this series as a kid for many reasons. First and foremost was it was about truckers and there was quite a bit of truth (balanced out with a healthy scoop of Hollywood bullshit) in the storylines compared to most trucking shows, films, ect. Second, I was a big fan of Claude Akins. The fact Merle Haggard did the theme song didn't hurt, either.

After the pilot they magically got a much nicer truck (first walk-in sleeper I ever saw), but with the same paint job.

Here's the pilot episode/film of Movin' On.

Series theme song:

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

I wasn't necessarily an ardent fan, but I remember liking that show back in the day. And for me, growing up in the 'burbs, it was about as close as I've ever been to a 'big rig'.