The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Thank you, Sir. May I have another?

Put the F-350 in the shop to have the leaking wheel seal fixed. I had a full set of Powerslot rotors & pads sitting in the garage and this looked like the perfect time to install them along with new wheel bearings.

Showing a little love for my truck with some well deserved periodic maintenance most others would ignore. So how does it reward me? I picked it up from Chico Auto Parts and drove to Brookshire's in Bridgeport to grab something for dinner. When I came out it would turn over, but wouldn't start. Not enough oil pressure on the high pressure side to turn the injectors on. It takes a minimum of 500psi and I was only getting 350.

There are 3 possible causes. Broken STC fitting, standpipe / dummy plugs or the actual high pressure oil pump itself. The first two are internal plumbing and the pump is, well... the pump. They are all located in pretty much the same place in the back of the engine and not easily accessible.

No comments: