The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, April 13, 2015

I hear there's crazy little women there.

The deal is done! You're looking at the proud owner of an Allis-Chalmers 7000 series. I even got them to toss in shipping.*

*(to Kansas City)

Hey, Kansas City is a heck of a lot closer than Bozeman, Montana. Plus I now have a good excuse to try some Oklahoma Joe's BBQ and see if it lives up to the hype. If anybody has any other KC 'cue suggestions, I'll be happy to try them out. Just keep in mind I'll be dragging a trailer so, need lots of parking.

I'm hoping it will be there by Friday, but won't know anything until they get it loaded.

To be completely honest, as much as I would love the roadtrip to Big Sky, I didn't really want to drag a 12,000 lb tractor all the way back in my F350. It's a good stout truck, but it's 8 years old and the high country is serious business. An F450 or F550 would be more suited to the task. No point stressing my truck any more than I have to. KC and back will be tough enough.

I had a new carrier bearing installed in anticipation of the trip. I picked up a pretty noticable vibration the last few weeks and it wasn't getting any better. I started to have a complete brake job done. I've had new rotors and pads sitting in the shop for 2 years, but doggone it the old brakes just aren't worn out yet.

No comments: