The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, July 8, 2011

Netflix of the Week: Finally Updated

The Expendables

Apparently, the title was appropriate than I imagined because I didn't receive the BluRay that was scheduled to arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday.

1 out of 3 isn't bad I guess, but this isn't what I was hoping for. I filed a missing DVD report so when it finally gets here, you'll get my 2 cents on what looks like to be a last gasp testosteronefest for Hollywood's aging action heroes.

Prove me wrong, please...

UPDATE: The BluRay finally arrived and unfortunately they didn't prove me wrong. Here's the plot...

ACT 1:Shoot, explosion, old guy doing karate, explosion, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, explosion, old guy doing karate, explosion.

ACT 2: Old guy gets horny for inappropriately younger girl. Shoot, explosion, shoot, shoot, shoot, old guy doing karate, shoot, explosion, explosion, explosion.

ACT 3: Old guy fights old guy both doing karate, shoot, shoot, shoot, old guy, old guy, explosion, old guy, explosion, shoot, shoot, old guy fights old guy while shooting yet another old guy, old guy gets inappropriately younger girl.

The End.

On a Sylvester Stallone film scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being Cliffhanger and 10 being Rambo, this film barely rates a Rocky 5.

On the plus side I've discovered YouTube has a good library of movies online for absolutely free.

No comments: