The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chillin'

Had the a/c condenser fan replaced yesterday at Chico Auto Parts. Care to guess what it cost?

Less than I expected actually. Only $120 to replace the fan cowling and drain/recharge the a/c system. I was planning on a $200 minimum. But when you add the parts I already purchased ($120) and labor it all came to $240.

$240 for a repair that should have cost no more than $12 and done in the backyard with simple tools? I'm not blaming Chico Auto. The problem I have is with Dodge.

But at least I have frosty cool a/c hitting me in the face on the way to work instead of medium/well done grasshoppers at 60MPH with the window down.

1 comment:

el chupacabra said...

Homes: it's eleventy billion degrees out with million percent humidity- it would have been a bargain at twice the price.