The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, July 8, 2011

How To Make A Pepsi Sammich

First off I apologize because this post is absolutely useless without pictures and I was right there with a camera and didn't shoot a single drive-by. This is a good example of why I'm no longer a cracker jack journalist / cub reporter.

If you've noticed a bread shortage at Allsup's and a few other stores in Wise County it's because the TriState bakery truck and the Pepsi truck smashed each other in front of Allsup's in Chico last Wednesday. It was a bread-splosion on 101 as a rock truck crashed thru the TriState truck's trailer filled with bread and split it in half. Buns were flying as the two sections of trailer spun around and wound up wrapped around the Pepsi truck sitting in Allsup's parking lot.

KA-BOOM!

I was laughing so hard from the sight of it that I completely forgot about getting any pics or video. It was like a real life Top Gear bit. It would have definitely filled in the gap for the Liberally Lean vacation. Hopefully somebody out there has pics to share.

Edit: I have found an eyewitness with pics, but don't have them on my computer yet.

No comments: