The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WTF Was That?!?

Wow, I thought a tornado was about to come tearing thru The South 40! It was sprinkling lightly when I got home and I thought that was strange since my Weather Bug app didn't say anything about rain. Hey, take what you can get in June and be thankful for it.

I just sat down and flipped on the TV. Next thing I know the wind really kicks up enough for me to notice it over the TV. I start hearing stuff hit the house and then a loud thump when a tree limb hit the roof. That really got my attention and things kicked into high gear. The house starts shaking, the roof and walls are flexing and I'm headed for the exit on the far side of the house when the power goes out.

Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency. I have my floor plan memorized by steps and keep flashlights stashed everywhere. I decided to ride it out in the house until the house went for a ride and that thank God that wasn't a call I had to make. The storm was just a microburst and passed fairly quick with no major damage. But, it did get my undivided attention for a few minutes.

I really need to dig a cellar. Brother In Law, can I borrow that backhoe next weekend?

No comments: