The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, June 10, 2011

Run, Fat Boy, Run!

Wow, I finally made it to the end of a long stretch at work. My schedule has been screwy for the last month with people taking vacation, inventory, and God knows what else. But, now I finally get the payoff. A 4 day weekend with some racing at TMS mixed in! Woohoo! (I've already stopped by Muggs & Juggs for survival supplies.)

Our strategy hasn't changed from previous years. I won't be camping this weekend, just driving in for the races. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will race Friday night and the IRL will be in town Saturday. (Danica, I'll meet you behind the Infield Care Center after the race, k?) The crowds are much smaller for these races than they are for the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekends, but they are (or can be) interesting and fun races to watch and you can get a really great view because there's lots of empty PSL seats you can snag.

The rest of the time I'm going to spend playing Green Acres.

Brother In Law is bailing hay and his small tractor is sick. Mine runs fine, but my tires are shot so I'm going to haul it to T&W in Bridgeport tomorrow and get some new rubber for the Massey then let him use it. That Massey Ferguson 235 is the only good thing I got out of CrazyEx#3 (well... you know) and I bought it from her before we got married. She tried to claim it in the divorce but that backfired on her, HA!

Anyway, it is one stout old school M/F'n diesel tractor. It takes a lickin' and just keeps on tickin'. No frills, no extras, just one solid farm tractor. I wish I had one with a bucket, power steering, a cab and A/C. But then it would probably be in the shop with something wrong and I'd still have to call for the Massey when it's 4th and goal from the 1.

Granted, I'm a nice guy BUT I'm not doing this totally out of the kindness of my heart. BIL has a backhoe I wouldn't mind borrowing for a few chores around The South 40. I have a few ditches that need digging and me no habla shovel very well anymore. He'd let me borrow it anytime I asked, but I like being able to help him out when he's in a bind, too. That's what neighbors and family are about in my book.

No comments: