The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Breaking News: Largest earthquake in 140 years hits Japan



Reports vary from 7.9 to 8.9 on the magnatute of the quake offshore of Japan. Tsunami Warning has been issued for Hawaii and a Tsunami Watch for the entire US West Coast.

Hawaii will be hit by the Tsunami wave around 3am local time.

Wow, updates coming in as I type, now a Tsunami Warning for California and Oregon.

This could get ugly fast...
http://www.kitv.com/r/27157669/detail.html

This video is kinda hard for my brain to comprehend. It looks like some big budget Hollywood CGI film. But it is all too real. An entire town is obliterated in seconds. The 30 ft high tsunami reached up to 5km inland in some areas of Japan.




Update: Listening to some fool in Hawaii talking to the Weather Channel on his cell phone:

"I'm less than 100 yards from the beach. You want me to walk down to the water?  I can see higher ground from here but this is a gated community and the roads are closed. I don't see anyone else out here. I'm really only here working on a project."

Count that guy among the first dead.

Updated Update: I was wrong, it was this fool:
http://www.times-standard.com/localnews/ci_17605586

No comments: