The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crossroads

Ran into someone the other day. Actually I've seen them quite often for years but they didn't realize who I was, at least that's what they said. I told them I always knew who they were. What's funny is they acted like everything was cool with us when in fact it hasn't been cool for about, oh let me see... ever.

Thing is, we are related and the family tree ain't got too many leaves left. I know for a fact I'm living on borrowed time. My only reprieve is Heaven won't admit me and Hell is afraid I'll take over.

The Dude abides...

This thing has been really bugging me. Should I let bygones be bygones, bury the hatchet and start fresh or should I remind them why I haven't spoken to them for years? I mean that should have been a clue. I have been trying to take a live and let live approach to this and it's worked swell up until now. Nobody has wound up on Jerry Springer and that's a good thing. Trust me they would book us in a heartbeat. Ratings gold.

I'm suspicious of motive to suddenly reconnect. Maybe I'm all wrong about it. Blood is supposed to be thicker than water. But oil and water don't mix, either. I'm really conflicted.

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. Sometimes the bear mauls you and leaves you to die alone in the wilderness.

I feel like a member of Stillwater flying in a small plane high above Tupelo, Mississippi.

2 comments:

YM said...

Proceed with caution. Family is important, but being related doesn't mean you have to be friends.

Kathleen... said...

Intuition is powerful. Follow your gut, RPM.