The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, December 4, 2009

Let Me Tell You What Melba Toast Is Packin' Right Here...


One of the greatest movies in the history of ever. This movie is so good it somehow makes both Matthew McConaghey AND Ben Afflek look good. At the same time! It's a slice right out of my teenage years. All right, all right, all right...

Richard Linklater perfectly captures a snapshot of youth and it's rights of passage in 1975 Texas. He had an eye for talent. Along with McConaghey and Afflek the film is peppered with future stars including Joey Lauren Adams, Mila Jovovich, Adam Goldberg, Parker Posey, Christine Harnos and an uncredited Renee Zellweger.

This film has the greatest soundtrack in the history of ever and some classic one-liners:


Wooderson: Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle!

Wooderson: That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

Wooderson: Say, man, you got a joint?
Mitch: No, not on me, man.
Wooderson: It'd be a lot cooler if you diiid.

Pink: I may play ball next fall, but I will never sign that. Now me and my loser friends are gonna head out to buy Aerosmith tickets.Top priority of the summer.

Pink: All I'm saying is that if I ever start referring to these as the best years of my life - remind me to kill myself.

Tony: So, you're not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?
Mike: I wanna dance!

No comments: