The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, December 21, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blah Vol. XVIII

  • I woke up this morning and swore someone had driven a 16penny nail into my lower back. Thank God I don't have to work today.
  • I don't think my sister is going to like her Christmas present. (It's a new radiator for my pickup.)
  • My pickup is starting to fall apart. 
  • I heard a guy complaining about the measly $200 he got as a Christmas bonus. Hey Pal, at least your boss gave you a bonus. We got nada, zip, zilch.
  • It looks like Pugs and Kelly have reconciled their differences. Stunt or "do you like this gig"?
  • Looks like Liberally Lean got burned with bad info on a breaking news story. I can sympathize. When I worked in radio I got a breaking news story from a reliable source that an oil well had blown out. I confirmed it with a local PD dispatcher before passing the story to a news service that I worked for as a stringer. They aired it statewide. It was wrong. No well blow out, just an open high pressure pipeline valve. I had to do a retraction / apology. Red Adair took me off his Christmas card list, too.
  • On the flip side, I did break a story that went national and was read by Peter Jennings on ABC's World News Tonight. It was about a flu epidemic.
  • Actress Brittany Murphy has died from natural causes. No autopsy report, but speculation is she suffered from an eating disorder. She was 32. Besides her numerous film roles, she was the voice of Luanne Platter on King of the Hill.
  • Hulu has yanked an SNL skit from their website that mocked Murphy's abrupt exit and subsequent firing from the film "The Caller". The skit was from an episode 2 weeks ago.

2 comments:

Silicone Alley said...

My truck seems to be falling apart too ;(

Epic_Life said...

Last year I got a new transmission for Christmas...