The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, July 23, 2009

You Got To Know When To Fold 'Em


Internet battles are entertaining. It reminds me of the days when I drove 18 wheelers cross country. No matter where you went there were CB Rambos. You know those tough guys that talked big, but hid behind the cloak of anonymity.


The Internet is the new CB radio. Liberally Lean proves that on a daily basis. People will say what they really think when they are anonymous with no repercussions. But challenge them to back up what they say with cash and they backtrack like a crawdad.


Case in point. I got into a discussion on a message board where 2 people called me a liar. I bet them with $1000 each I was telling the truth and could show proof. I even showed the cash I was wagering. The reply was "I don't gamble."


What's the gamble? Either I'm a liar like they said or they are wrong. Sounds like easy money if they really believe what they say.


This is just like poker. They're bluffing, I'm holding a Royal Flush and just went all in.

2 comments:

Denney Crane said...

Some of us anonymous blogging gamblers pay our debts...

http://bostonlegalsass.blogspot.com/2008/11/step-back-non-believers.html

no more said...

People want to look like they are right without actually proving it. Gives them a sense of superiority. So keep callin em out!