The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, July 6, 2009

PJTP Vol.7

  • My schedule is pretty jacked up for most of this month. Everybody wants to go on vacation in July.
  • I am glad to see the rain! But, the humidity is a killer.
  • I know a young man going thru boot camp for the National Guard. They've added a new wrinkle since I went thru way back in the day. If he receives a letter and the address is messed up (those military addresses can be complicated) he has to do extra push-ups. I can just see his brother writing him 10 letters a day and screwing up every single one on purpose.
  • Bill Weber got booted from the TNT broadcast booth just hours before the New Hampshire race. Apparently, Webber was in a "loud public confrontation" in a hotel lobby. Whoever is responsable for that decision, thank you! It took Ralph Sheheen a few laps to get in the groove with Wally Dallenbach and Kyle Petty, but once he did they called a very enjoyable race.
  • I've disliked Bill Weber since he was on ESPN. He's arrogant and annoying.
  • Speaking of NASCAR did you see Daytona? That was an incredible finish! Tony Stewart is on a roll this year. I just hope his luck holds out during The Chase.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your opinion on Weber and Stewart. I hope he continues to do well.

Roxie

Anonymous said...

If he receives a letter and the address is messed up (those military addresses can be complicated) he has to do extra push-ups.

That right there is just messed up. No wonder I don't and never did, support this war.