The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Saturday, June 6, 2009

What Do You Call A Nurse With A Bad Back? Greatness!


I've never been a fan of Edie Falco. Wait, let me correct that. I've never been a fan of the characters Edie Falco plays. Carmella Soprano irritated the heck out of me and pretty much typecast her in my book.


I need to get a new book because I was completely wrong.


The much hyped new Showtime original series Nurse Jackie premiers this Sunday night. But if you are a DirecTv customer you got a sneak preview this week on The101. I was stunned after watching. It was smart, it was funny and because it's on Showtime it pulls no punches.


Without giving any spoilers, Nurse Jackie jumps right onto the ragged edge with the very first episode. It is dark, very dark humor that I haven't seen since Six Feet Under. But where SFU was subtle and low keyed, Nurse Jackie is up front and in your face.

This show is very, very good. It's the best new show I've seen in years. If the writing holds up Jackie Peyton will make Carmella Soprano an afterthought when describing Edie Falco's career.


Sunday Monday nights on Showtime. DVR worthy.

No comments: