The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, June 12, 2009

PJTP Vol.6



  • Oh my aching back! It's been killing me off and on for the last 2 weeks. (Damn you, D.B. Norton Troopers!)

  • I always wonder if people will get the obscure film references I throw out. Dennis Miller referred to himself as the king of the obscure reference. I must be the crowned prince.

  • I think Weeds may have jumped the shark this season. Mary-Louise Parker is still hot, but the storyline is degrading muy rapido.

  • Will Ferrell's new movie "Land of the Lost" tanked at the box office. His comedy is just like Ricky Bobby. If it ain't first, it's last.

  • The storm blew down a couple trees in my yard the other day. Oddly, they fell into the wind, not away from it. I should call Mythbusters.

  • I know a woman that works 2 jobs and rarely has a day off, her husband does not work, treats her like crap and spends money like crazy. I don't get it.

  • The power cable for my new video card finally arrived. The Radeon HD 4770 kicks serious ass.

  • I saw a report where debit card sales have finally surpassed credit card sales. Really? I would have thought that happened a long time ago.

  • I thought Stephen Colbert's week of shows from Baghdad was great. I loved his homage to Bob Hope. Some people were upset that Obama did a video cameo. They had no complaints about Bush Sr, Clinton or Bush Jr (and a buttload of other politicians) doing the same thing later in the week. I think they failed (or didn't want) to understand it was for the USO and not pandering for political support.

  • I heard a commercial for condos bragging they were within walking distance of Cowboys Stadium and The Ballpark in Arlington. I think living there would get real old, real fast.

  • The Best of Wise ballots are in The Messenger this week. I'm starting a campaign at work to get my boss voted "Best Boss". He deserves it.

  • I'll cook up something for a regular post soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm always shocked people use debit. I get cash back on the credit cards. I only use debit at Costco, since I don't have Amex.

I can see using it a budgeting tool, but I hardly ever meet anyone who does that. Either they spend too much money and they NEED to use credit, or they are over 60 and have been taught to live within their means.